Monday, April 13, 2009

We had a wonderful Easter Sunday!
We were woken up to our Princess Ci ta saying, "Mommy, daddy, come and see what Peter Cottontail put in our Easter baskets..." she walked away singing Here comes peter Cottontail, Hopping down the bunny trail.
Anyone who knows Emmers knows how proper everything must be and for her to call him Peter Cottontail and any other time she refers to him as Peter, well it is just SOOOO her!
(On a side note this past week, one afternoon she put her mother through princess training school. Apparently I do not sit correctly and my hair well it is just didn't work.)
Back to Easter...I had a ball making Easter skirts this year. Dallin also wanted me to make him a matching tie and wants me to make him more...mostly he wants a BYU tie!I took about 20 pictures trying to accomplish the task of one perfect Easter morning picture....Nope my children are monkeys! But we love them! Emma posing.. During conference weekend Abby made her first skirt and wore it to school on the following Monday! I was so pleased with her! She is becoming a little homemaker!
Abby made the sprinting team at the Jr. High. She runs the 200 meter, 400 meter and the 4 x 400 meter relay. She has LOVED it and it has been so awesome to watch her and her friends grow and do SO well! Her 4 x400 relay is AMAZING.
At the last meet the first leg they were in fifth place. Abby runs the second leg and as she received the hand off ...SHE TOOK OFF!
She passed the third girls team...then the second girls team... then Abby really kicked it in and passed the second place BOYS team and just kept going! It rocked!!!! Everyone was amazed that that little thing could move like a train! Her coach turned to Scott and cheered that's how you runa 400. Their team kept the lead with her amazing BEST friend Skotie as third leg and the fourth leg Candice.
After our first meet a couple of weeks ago and having a great time ...we realized that the entire neighborhood was in on the fun and we were missing Zach. So I went up to him at the pinewood dirby and encouraged our little buddie (not so little anymore...he is taller than me) That he should join the team...He was hestitant at first so I kept it up and finally said...Look bud Abby will go with you to talk to Coach and I am sure he will let ya! It has been so great for this group of kids! He was let on the team and he took third in the shot put at our last meet!
Yeah Bud...We are so excited for you!!!!!!
It was a great time. We are looking forward to the end of the season to see how they compete in Alpine Days. She has done well taking third and second in her other events.
GO Abby GO!
On a ending note...We are so thrilled that Abby had the courage to run for Student coucil. She went to Jr. High with her core group of 20 kids from her little school. In the election she was the underdog!
Well Saturday she was called by the Student Council Advisor and told that she lost by 1 vote and advised her THEY WANT her to run again next year! Abby took the news GREAT!
She said," Mom I made so many new friends. everyone was so nice! I had the best time!"
BUT later that day, as we were sitting our "second home" aka the truck, during Bubba's practice. She had the realization...
"Mom I lost by one vote! Nolan and the baseball team were in St. George at a baseball tournemant Friday! I could have won!.....All well..... but still!"
She is a trooper and she still feels it was a great experience but will tell her guys there votes cost her the election.
J/K but I am sure she will point her big brown dogs at them!
She is growing up so fast!!!!!
I has been so hard to let go this year and let her take chances.
I heard
this song and thought of her and this year!
Abby is a specail spirit who WILL do amazing things.
ALREADY HAS!

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

We had a fun Easter being with all of you!

Way to go Abby! You are a little Speedy Gonzales!

Way to go on trying out for Student Counsel.........I am proud of your good attitude!

Love you Guys!

Heather S. said...

That is SO Emma! That's funny!

Abby you AWESOME! Keep it up that is so great.

I love your kids Debi! They are the greatest kids ever! I hope I will get to hangout with everyone this summer :-)

Jennifer said...

Your girls looked so cute yesterday. And way to go Abby with everything!

Anonymous said...

Way to show 'em how it's done Abby! Glad all's well now & you can run like lightening! Love to all, Peggy

The Tolman Family said...

HEy for abby. Hey a couple of those pics look a little familar. How is your photographer? hehe

Kristy said...

Your kids rock! Thanks for the update - we always love to see what you guys are up to!

Rosie and Derek said...

Those skirts are darling!!!

And GO ABBY! That is awesome!

Jen said...

Glad things are going well for your sweet family! Is Abby still doing BYU dance? If she is, gear up for "Concert Week!" I'll see you around soon I hope!