Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mom's Heart is a Achen'....Again!

I am not normal...That is nothin new..But I hate sending my children off into this scary world! Letting them grow up is the hardest thing I have ever done...The past few weeks I have felt apron strings falling like crazy!
Today I took my baby to the Library for her first very OWN big girl library card! She was Ecstatic and you should have seen how big she felt as my heart ached for her to need me to check her books out...But she could do it!!!! And needed NO help from mom!
Dallin began 4th grade! AHHHHHH! Needless to say he HATED me fussing over him and taking pictures at school in front of his new room...He just needed me to leave so he could see his buddies!My heart broke again..but...AS I stood heart broken outside of his new " home" for the year I watched him pull out his chair and sit down and leaned just enough forward to see if I was still their and smiled and waved a sweet little wave to his mommy!
Heart a little mended...But.... I sent this one to Jr high as an 8th grader! NOOOOO! She was way to excited! I will just start bawling if I even start to write down my current feeling on my roo roo being big!!!!!!Sigh.............................................................................. These 2 are having the time of there life this year, as the managed to get the councilors to rearrange their schedules so the have 5 classes together and both lunches! Forever Friends!!!! Each day is a new adventure in a child's life Although the monumental events are unforgettable, some of the simplest are the ones we remember the most, the ones that make us smile and cry! Capture those moments! For the moms who think diapers seem endless or sleepless nights seem to be taken your life away....savor...Soon they are grown and starting their own wonderful world and all you can remember is how you couldn't wait for them to walk! Abby, Dallin, Emma! I LOVE YOU!

10 comments:

Heather S. said...

Oh, that is sad! I can't believe it they are all growing up.

Abby your hair is sooo cute! I love it!

Lorin and Janice said...

Nope today was not easy. Time goes too fast. You are a great mom and have great kids. And kids always need their moms even when they are grown up.

Unknown said...

It is very hard, but also rewarding to watch my kids grow up. It looks like you are doing a fabulous job as a mother...your kids are lucky to have you!

Jennifer said...

I know you probably don't want to hear this but Abby looks SO grown up in those pictures! My goodness, when did that happen? I'm glad you made it through the hard day. And I think it is perfectly normal not to want your kids to grow up or have to go out in the scary world.

Stephanie said...

STOP! STOP! STOP!

These kids just have to stop growing up! I'm not old enough to have an eighth grader!

Jenny said...

i can't believe we're already back to school! i don't think you're weird for not wanting to let them go. it's so hard. here's to a great year!

The Tolman Family said...

Debi is that you in the Pi? LOL

Me and My Clan said...

Oh, you made me tear up just a little bit. :)

Kristy said...

The first day of school each year is always a sort of slap in the face that reminds you how old your kids are getting and how fast the time is going. My baby is a senior this year. I remember when she got her first library card. Not that long ago. Can't we just slow things down a bit? Maybe if we all just concentrate really hard at the same time we can stop all this growing up stuff...

Unknown said...

What a great tribute to your children!! I totally agree with everyone...It's not easy