Friday, May 23, 2008

Ready! Set! Roll!

Another Crazy day here!
It began with my final PTA board meeting... Yeah !
I survived this incredible year!
AS I closed that chapter in our family's life...I began a new one...
For the next 2 years I will be serving as the Orem Council PTA President...What?! Yep they asked...Haven't learned to say No...Accepted and here we roll!
Abby over heard me talking with Scott about my new board and she EXCLAIMED
" You have a treasurer...secretary...membership...it is the exact same thing mom!" Not really we told her..bigger job less busy work and
I get to keep my eyes on her at Canyon View...
HA! HA! HA!
Then Off we went home to scouts where Scott got calls to help boys finish their cars for the pine wood and the another 911 call in our ward and then the Pine wood Derby! IT WAS A BLAST!
Here they are at weigh in...I say they because Scott was actually as excited as Dallin! ( he even brought his car in hope to race it..actually just in case any Little guy didn't have one)The beginning of the line up! First heat! Three FASTEST Cars! So fast they all jumped the track and landed three feet away....
Reminded me of the Dukes of Hazard!
So they built this high quality protection so they had a soft landing !
Dallin made it in the finals, and took fourth!
Way to go BUD! Scotts old car took fifth!
Dallin's bud Noah needed a car and so Scott let him race his.
A few times we heard him cheering for Noah instead of Dallin...opps...
We know where his loyalties lie!
After finishing up there we headed over to a fiesta!

One of Scouts 12 year old scouts was graduating from High School

and had a big ol shin dig!

We even got Scott to wear a sombrero Wow!

Anyhow...on to another day!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congratulations Dallin on a great pinewood derby. Brian really appreciated all of Scott's help!

Jenny said...

i'm so bummed that i missed the fiesta. john went while we were at the pinewood derby. rats.

good luck w/ the pta next year!