Friday, June 20, 2008

A Little of Everything!

This is where I have been spending my summer days...the school...You think I would have gotten enough of the school after last year! But at least t isn't volunteer. I am getting paid. This was my first hall I finished...scrubbing the sinks, toilets, door frames and carpets, moved to the halls and scrubbed, squeegeed, mopped, stabilized then waxed the floor. Look at that baby shine! I HAVE had a lot of fun working with the three amigos, and have had plenty of laughs. The kids came and spent the mornings with me while Abby was at Math camp the last 2 weeks. One morning they helped me wash the rooms garbage's out. I cleaned them and they lined them up. Can you see their fathers O.C.D. come through at all in D and Em? Dallin actually counted them out first thing to figure out how many to go across so they would come out evenly. Orem Summerfest was a lot of fun. Abby had a booth at the baby contest selling her flowers and I was asked to judge the adorable babes. It was a lot of fun. It was more fun to watch the fretting parents and grandparents. We then went to the parade...Emma was set to go! The crew! We love the parade. we get our spot 48 hours in advance it has been a 14 year tradition and our little group has grown quite a bit! I was thrilled to have Heather with us again this year! A big congrats to her and her scholarship at SUU! Yeah ! Our three favorites were the Miss Orem Float...Of Course! Little Miss Lindon...Abby's very good friend, Callie, is serving as Little Miss Lindon this year. The watering can sprayed bubbles...Sooo cute! The Jack Sparrow float...Way amazing he sounded just like him as he thanked us for coming to the parade! Dallin earned his BOBCAT! He also lead the color guard for the pack meeting! Receiving his bobcat! We are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo proud of him! he has made leaps and bounds this year! At pack meeting they held a Go For the Gold Olympics....the blur is Dallin jumping in the standing long jump! He had a ball.........and Any way it has been busy and I am Looking forward to the next adventures.
My Mom and Dad made it safely to Ireland and are settling in!
And Scott got One more A for his record!
I will keep you posted!
Until then have lovely!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aah,thanks!I love you guys and thanks for letting me come to the parade with you. :-)

Jennifer said...

You are a great floor scrubber! Maybe I should hire you to do my house. And the parade looks like lots of fun, I'm sorry we missed it this year.

Jenny said...

looks like you guys have been busy busy busy!

thanks for the update. :)

oh - and if you make it to jdawgs, get the special sauce. yum

Lorin and Janice said...

It looks like you are having a busy and fun summer. Wow I don't think I have ever seen the school so shiny. It takes a woman to clean it that good huh?

Unknown said...

Wasn't the parade a blast. It was so nice to be with friends and family. I agree with your comment about a ward block Parade BBQ!!... We should bring that up and plan on it for next year. This was the first time that I could go and I'm glad that Jill invited us or we would have missed it.