This is what I wrote...
My Sweetheart Abby is going to Jr. High!She is AMAZING!She rises above and beyond what any mom could ask for.This summer I went to work to help out...Dad went back to school for his masters.She spent her summer...willingly... taking care of her younger brother and sister.Not to mention keeping the house straight, helping them with the summer chores and workbooks, reading them stories, walked them to and from the library and summer movies.She is a doll and a the best friend.She went to girls camp this summer and we all missed her! Nieca I cry every year when I drop them off at school...It is soooooooooo hard to let them grow up. "Let them be little!" After putting her on the bus and waving good bye, we came home and found little notes on all of our pillows. She left them for us with words of luv and kisses!She started her own business to pay for her dance camp and other activities this summer...Abbys Attic. She sells hair flower clips and bows. She made over $500.00, and that was after paying for her supplies. She is working on a girls apron pattern for fall.She loves life and she brings sunshine in to anyone's life just being near her.I am so fortunate to have been blessed to be HER mother!Please grant her this special time to begin this new chapter in her life...SHE DE"SERVE"S IT
Can I say that I am exhausted!
I think I was more nervous for ABBY THAN SHE WAS!
I had no idea what they had planned for her hair..but I was so pleased with the decisions they made and how brilliant Matthew and Dallan were.
They were so fun and so good with Ab!
They talked with her and laughed with her and really spent time with her.... 2 HOURS!
She had the best time.
Abby getting her hair glossed in a honey brown...
Drying her hair before the cut....
In the mean time Dallin got his hair cut....
And Dad and Emma had a nap!
The next morning ...Hair and makeup to get ready for the show...
the green room....
Abby having the time of her life!
Right before her segment wit Heather and Tyson.
Dallin getting his own fun with Angel...Tasting the yummy recipe! LUCKY BOY!
Abby on the show!

All of us with the girls...Abby looks like she belongs.
The next morning ...Hair and makeup to get ready for the show...
the green room....
Abby having the time of her life!
Right before her segment wit Heather and Tyson.
Dallin getting his own fun with Angel...Tasting the yummy recipe! LUCKY BOY!
Abby on the show!

DALLIN AND EMMA AND THEIR LAST SUMMER POPSICLE.
Zach helping Abby figure out her locker after school on sevey day.
I can not tell you how much today meant for me. Abby has been incredible this summer and this was a real reward for her. She deserved every bit of it. Also I got to meet my favorite girls. On the way home Dallin commented on how it seemed like they were our best friends...well we watch them most days and we spend that time together me and the kids...we do the crafted, the cooking and talk about the things they do...They are our friend sand they were so nice to us and said the nicest things to Abby...As we left they even hollered out to us that I should come and guest host...we shall see...after all I have a lot of spare time...I could swing it.

6 comments:
That was such a nice letter you wrote - I am sorry they didn't read all of it on the show. I hope Abby's first day went well.
What a good mom for doing that for her! She was GREAT on the show! It was so fun to watch! What a cutie. And what an amazing way to start junior high! Lucky girl! Oh, by the way...yes that IS my recipe blog. I've been slacking. I need to add more recipes, but the ones I have on there are really good. You should try them some time.
Wow! What an incredible day! You guys deserve to have a little fun amongst all the work you do!
What a fun time.....thanks for sharing the story and pics.
Hey Deb, I saw Abbie on Good Things! I called Eliza into the room and we has so much fun seeing her new look! She was beautiful before, but I'm sure that she had such a great time going to the spa and also being on the show! Ya, I'm also a "Good Things" nut. I DVR it everyday and watch it when I get a quiet moment in the day/night! They truly feel like my friends as well! Crazy how that works! We should take the girls up and go to the show sometime! Let me know!
Good luck with having a daughter in Jr. High! They/we are all growing up sooooooo fast! It makes me so sad too! Hang in there my friend. I'm thinkin' of you!
See ya around dance soon I hope! Jen
abby looks great! what a neat experience - one you'll both always remember. hope her year goes well.
Debi, I got SOO behind on my blogging and I didn't know about this so I am so happy that I was able to watch it from your link. That is so cool! What a great Mom you are to nominate your daughter and she is such a good girl! That is truly amazing that she did all that this past summer!
Post a Comment