Scott=)
Scott and I have been married now a little over 18 years. But we both know, that we have known each other much longer. For those of you have seen Saturdays Warrior, or are familiar with it, You know the story of the couple who told each other they would find each other on earth, and through many different obstacles they found each other at the right time, and right place....well that's us. It was meant to be, despite many challenges along the way, Heavenly Father's plan for us was very thought out. Every marriage has it's rough patches...but we always pull through. We have worked together, through everything and for everything we have. He works harder than anyone I know, and has managed to accomplish most of what he has set out for. he sill hasn't figured out his own sleeping pod yet;) But when he does, the world will be complete. Scott IS my better half. He is patient with me, kind, understanding, giving, sacrifices immensely for me and the children. He is brilliant! He is a super hero in the children's eyes. He is a worthy priesthood holder. He gives the best hugs. He tolerates my butterfly and fishy kisses. He loves to snuggle. He listens better than anyone I know. He is 100% supportive of everything me and the children do...100%! He is a wonderful father. He is my strength when I am weak. He is has popped his bubble for me. He is forgiving.
I love Scott. I do not think there are words in any human language to express the gratitude I have in my heart for him. Scott is a very tender hearted person. We laughed when Shrek came out and the whole onion theory. Scott is like and onion, he has layers. But his inner most layer is a teddy bear. I am grateful I get to know that Scott. I am grateful he is by my side in all things. He looks for the best in me.
I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for Temple covenants and Eternal Marriage. i will never forget as we left the temple grounds as husband and wife, we looked up in the sky and were, what felt like being escorted, a flock of real doves...like 25 of them. they stay with us all the way to the freeway. What a peaceful easy feeling to know the Lord is on our side. Scott I love you and "Everything I do, I will do it for you!"
There is a great song...yes I love music..we have addressed this already=) But there is a song...I have loved for over 25 years and now looking back over the last 18...it is us. It is called 'It Takes Two' from Stephan Sondheim's musical Into the Woods (So excited Orem is doing this musical Go see it next week=))
Here is a link to the music: It Takes Two
Here are the lyrics:
(Bakers Wife)
You've changed.
You're daring.
You're different in the woods.
More sure.
More sharing.
You're getting us through the woods.
If you could see-
You're not the man who started,
And much more openhearted
Than I knew
You to be.
[BAKER]
It takes two.
I thought one was enough,
It's not true:
It takes two of us
You came through
When the journey was rough.
It took you.
It took two of us.
It takes care.
It takes patience and fear and despair
To change.
Though you swear
To change,
Who can tell if you do?
It takes two.
[BAKER'S WIFE]
You've changed.
You're thriving.
There's something about the woods.
Not just
Surviving.
You're blossoming in the woods.
At home I'd fear
We'd stay the same forever.
And then out here-
You're passionate
Charming,
Considerate,
Clever-
[BAKER]
It takes one
To begin, but then once
You've begun,
It takes two of you.
It's no fun,
But what needs to be done
You can do
When there's two of you.
If I dare,
It's because I'm becoming
Aware of us
As a pair of us,
Each accepting a share
Of what's there.
[BOTH]
We've changed.
We're strangers.
I'm meeting you in the woods.
Who minds
What dangers?
I know we'll get past the woods.
And once we're past,
Lets' hope the changes last
Beyond woods,
Beyond witches and slippers and hoods,
Just the two of us-
Beyond lies,
Safe at home with out beautiful prize,
Just the few of us.
It takes trust.
It takes just
A bit more
And we're done.
We want four,
We had none.
We've got three.
We need one.
It takes two.
We work together so well! WE have managed to survive because we realize it takes the two of us to make it all work=) I am eternally grateful to my Heavenly father for my eternal companion Scott!























No comments:
Post a Comment