Saturday, November 3, 2012

You Find Yourself...

"Find Yourself" Brad Paisley



When you find yourself, In some far off place

And it causes you, To rethink some things


When you go through life

So sure of where you're headin'

And you wind up lost

And it's the best thing that could have happened

'Cause sometimes when you lose your way

It's really just as well

Because you find yourself

Yeah, that's when you find yourself


I really love this song...reminded me of myself ....pretty lost...but as I have tuned into the needs of what my Heavenly Father wants from me...I am finding myself. This week I made dinner 7 times for my family and ate at the dinner table, together. I kept up on laundry, homework and dishes. I made a craft or two. Work was . left at work...except for the fun stories from my AP Psych class.....hahaha. The years when my kiddos were 12 and under, my entire focus was being a mother. I loved and lived for it...I found no greater joy than being a mom and wife to my family...my Heavenly Father helped me remember... This week I smiled.......So I guess when you wind up lost...maybe it is the best thing that can happen....because I feel like myself more and more each day. A Mom to my three adorable children who tell me at least 10 times a day they love me. A wife to the most incredibly supportive and cute hubby, who tells me I am pretty, even when i'm soooo not.....I am JUST Debi...ME=)









1 comment:

Lorin and Janice said...

I haven't read blogs in forever and am so blessed to have read your recent ones. Life is HARD and it really is through our struggles that we find who Heavenly Father wants us to be and where he wants us to go. I struggle everyday for understanding so hopefully I can figure it out eventually. lol! I really appreciate your thoughts!! Thank you! You are beautiful and I am glad you are finding your smile again! I really miss you and your family.